so, i work for a living, bloody hard in fact, 2 jobs, about 15 hours a day, 6 days a week. And yet i know people on benefits who have sky tv, movies and sports And better cars than me. I cant afford that?
so tell me how thats fair. I see people saying ‘im not taking that job, im better off on the dole’.
How on earth is this fair?
i think benefits should be made of the following
- housing benefits, capped to price and 3 bedroomed house
- food stamps instead of money
- travel card for work (see below) and interviews
- No more than 2 children shall be paid for – if you cant afford them, don’t have them!
- Random drug testing, you fail, you lose your benefits (why should i pay to fund you dossing and your habit!)
- You commit a crime, you lose your benefits and your house
- After being on the dole for 6 months, you should have to do voluntary / community work to keep your benefits
I welcome any more sensible views.